Make A Claim On Your Insurance Policy
Making insurance claims should be straightforward but, every now and then, the process can be less than easy. Here at Chill Insurance, we believe that our customers deserve the same level of care and support when arranging their policy as they do when making a claim.
We’ve put together a handy guide detailing all the things you might need during the claim process.
Car Insurance Claim
If you’ve ever been unfortunate enough to have, or be witness to, a car accident, you’ll know that it can be a stressful event. Often, the shock can make it hard to remember what you need to do. If you are involved in an accident and need to make a claim, follow these simple instructions:
- Firstly, ensure there are no injuries, and call emergency services if in doubt.
- Note the vehicle registrations of those involved.
- Obtain insurance details (policy number and insurer).
- Get the contact numbers of everyone involved.
- If it’s possible, try taking some photographs (from a safe spot) of the incident.
- Even if you believe the accident was your own fault, do not admit liability.
- Avoid moving your vehicle until it is safe to do so.
As soon after the accident as you can, particularly if you need your vehicle to be recovered, you should call us on 01 400 3400.
As well as having your policy number to hand, it would also be useful to have:
- Details of who was driving the car.
- Information about the incident including time of day, date, location and weather conditions.
- Contact details of anyone else involved in the accident, including their insurance details.
- Details of any witnesses.
- Details of any Gardaí police reports.
Home Insurance Claim
If you need to make a claim against your home insurance policy, you can contact our team on 01 400 3400.
- Before you make a claim – whether from fire, flood or burglary – you should always remember to keep yourself and your family safe from any risk.
- If you need to make emergency repairs following a break-in, such as arranging to make your property safe or calling a plumber to stop a leak, then do so.
- In the event of water ingress to your property, move soft furnishings to higher ground if you are able to do so.
- Always try to take photos of any damage, either on your mobile phone or camera (only when safe to do so).
- You should contact our customer service team before arranging any building works to repair your property. Additionally, never throw any damaged property away until we’ve had the chance to look at it. The loss adjusters assessing your claim will need to do this before it can be finalised.
- And finally, remember not to get rid of any paperwork, as you may need this to support your insurance claims.