Keeping Your Data Secure
Cookies and what they do
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Some cookies are only placed on your device for the time you are browsing the website. Others may be stored on your device and sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies are commonly used by websites to remember some aspect of your current or previous visit. This could include things like the choices you’ve made or preferences you’ve chosen during your visit. Websites commonly do this in order to improve or tailor your current and future visits to that site or other related sites.
Chill Insurance and cookies
- Store details that help you to manage accounts and policies online, such as user login details
- Find out how people use our sites, such as how often they visit, which pages they go to, and which links they click on, so that we can improve our sites.
- Help us to provide relevant information, such as details of products, services and other information that you may be interested in
- Store information about which media players you use so that any video content appears correctly
- Collect information that will help us to distinguish visitors, to understand visitors’ browsing habits on our website and to improve their experience.
- Compile statistical reports on website activity e.g. numbers of visitors and the pages they visit.
- Collect information that will allow us to tailor advertising to make it more relevant for you, based on your previous interactions with our website.
- Remember information about you when you visit our site. Some of the cookies are essential in order to provide our services to you.
Accepting, deleting, and how to turn off cookies
To review or change your cookie acceptance on chill.ie, please click the link below.
You can control which cookies are deployed on your device at any time by clicking link above. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.