Ensuring your privacy is protected
Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
- Personal Data
- This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify, contact you or process applications on your behalf. You may give us information about you or other persons by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our services, seek a quotation, or when you report a problem with our website or services. The personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, detailed financial information, billing and credit history information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us or have authorised us to obtain it.
- Non-Personal Data
- Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
- Personal Data
- We will process any personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and / or to provide you with the quotations, information, products and services that you request from us.
- When you request a quote from us, we may contact you by phone (including by automated calling machine), SMS or email in relation to that quote. There may also be requirements to contact you for the purposes of discussing renewal terms of an existing policy with us or any other query directly related to an existing policy with us
- To provide you with information about other products and services we, other members of our group or other trusted third parties, may offer from time to time.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, including issuing monthly newsletters.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To ensure that content from our website or services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Non-Personal Data
- We may use non-personal data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
Where you provide us with an email address, you authorise us to send your insurance documents to you by email to the address provided, or by post, or both.
Phone calls, both inbound and outbound to Chill Insurance, may be recorded and monitored for regulatory, training and quality purposes and to verify information and help prevent and detect fraud.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- Insurance service providers’ information we hold about you and your claims history. Our insurance companies may subscribe to insurance industry databases for fraud prevention purposes. We may also use your personal data for the purposes of complying with regulatory or legislative requirements, offering renewals, for research/statistical analysis and crime prevention.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach an audience they wish to target.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Chill Insurance or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Chill Insurance, our customers, or others.
We may share your personal data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Acts; we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
The Acts give you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request will incur a fee of €6.35, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you. In complying with your right of access we may request you to provide reasonable identity documentation.
To access personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact The Compliance Officer, Chill Insurance, Freepost (F4571), Chill Insurance House, Ravenscourt Office Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.