Saving Energy In Your Business
6 Money Savings Tips
Are you spending too much on energy in your business? Making some simple changes to your business can not only help you save money, but also help reduce your carbon footprint!
- Have a ‘switch off policy’ at the end of each day. It’s really simple, just ask your employees to switch off lights and computers at the end of each day. Leaving helpful reminders on desks and by light switches can help your employees get on board.
- Turn off the printer and photocopier at the end of each day. If left on overnight, it can use enough energy to print 1,500 sheets of paper.
- If you have a vending machine, turn it off at night. That way you aren’t using energy to keep non perishable goods cold overnight.
- Reducing your heating by just 1 degree Celsius can reduce your heating bill by up to 10%.
- Switch your lightbulbs to CFL (Compact fluorescent lamp) one’s which use up to 75% less energy. Look out for the ‘warm white’ styles for retail and offices.
- Have a plan for repairing equipment in your business and ongoing maintenance to avoid disrupting your business. To find out more about business interruption insurance, check out some our page here
As you can see, simple changes can make a big difference to your business. But remember ‘the only certainty in business is uncertainty’ so make sure that your business is prepared.