Retail Insurance Revealed
Secure Your Shop Today
Over the past 12 months our SME team have been inundated with lots and lots of enquiries about Retail Insurance and it's clear that retail owners have many questions about business insurance. We're absolutely delighted to see that many businesses are growing and we're always keen to help where we can (that's why we're the good guys of insurance), so with this in mind I thought it would be a wise move to share some of the most commonly asked retail insurance questions.
- What is retail insurance?
- We define retail insurance as a combined policy which means it includes cover for fixtures and fittings, stock, cash on the premises, as well as Public and Employers Liability insurance. Our team will take the time to understand your needs and help your business get the perfect policy with the right benefits.
- Are there any ways to lower the cost of my premium?
- Insurance companies love it when businesses reduce the chances of a claim and often pass this saving on to the client. You can typically reduce the cost of your premium by adding security features, such as a mortice lock and monitored alarm, as well as installing smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and an alarm.
- What happens if my stock is damaged?
- It's really important to be aware that if your stock is damaged you'll receive the stock price e.g. the price you paid, not the retail value you would sell the stock for.
- Is there anything else I need to know about?
- Yes. Depending on your business you may also be interested to hear more about Product Liability cover. This type of insurance covers you in case a member of the public makes a claim against the products, medicines, food or goods you have provided.
If you're searching for the right retail insurance, then why not give our friendly team a call today on 01 4003400 or hit Get a Quote now. You might also like to hear that we're giving away a free Health and Safety statement and audit to everyone who becomes a customer.