Travel Insurance

Common Questions

Have a question about your travel insurance policy? Take a look at some of the most common questions that we get asked.

The travel agent/tour operator/airline company that I booked with has gone into administration. What should I do?

If you are a policyholder and have lost your holiday, we will change the dates on your insurance policy to cover your new holiday. To arrange this, please contact our customer service team on 01 279 9989 within 30 days of the travel company going into administration.

I've lost my documents. How do I retrieve them?

If you have lost your policy documents, you can retrieve them online. Enter your quote number and e-mail address to access your documents. If you would like your documents resent through the post or you have forgotten your quote number or if you have any other problems accessing your documents online, please call our customer service team on 01 279 9989.

What do I do if my passport is lost or stolen abroad?

You should report any loss or thefts of passports to the local police in the country you are in as soon as possible. You will need the crime reference details they provide for the APS1 (which is the Lost or Stolen Passport Notification) form. You should also report the loss or theft to the Irish embassy of the country you are in. You can get details of your local Irish embassy wherever you are by visiting the website of the Department of Foreign Affairs. The Irish embassy will issue you with replacement travel documents so you can travel back.

When will my documents arrive through the post?

Normally, we say to allow between 5 to 10 working days between you buying your policy and your documents being received in the post. However, we do always aim for your policy pack to be with you sooner. You can still travel with a printed copy of your emailed documents if the posted documents don't arrive in time.

What do I need to take on holiday with me?

We advise that you take your travel insurance certificate and the relevant policy wording booklet away with you.

You may travel with a printed copy of your emailed documents. If you are unable to print your emailed documents, simply write down your policy number and the emergency medical assistance and claims line telephone numbers from the back of our policy wording booklets which can be found here.

How many times can I go away if I have an Annual Multi Trip policy?

When you buy an Annual Multi Trip policy you are covered to go away as many times as you want up to a maximum of 183 days. Don't forget however that there is a maximum per trip duration - 31 days for Bronze policies, 45 days for Gold policies, and 60 days for Platinum policies. If you are aged 66 and over, the maximum trip duration is 31 days.

Can we all travel independently on an Annual Multi Trip policy?

Yes, everyone on an Annual Multi Trip policy is entitled to travel independently, but children under 18 who travel alone must be dropped off and picked up by a responsible adult aged over 21.

What happens when my Annual Multi Trip policy expires?

We will write to you 31 days before your Annual Multi Trip policy expires to remind you that your policy is coming up for renewal. If you have any questions about your renewal, please contact us on 01 279 9989 and speak to a member of our sales team.