Sending Your No Claims Bonus

How To Send Us Your Documents

A No Claims Bonus is often confused with Named Driver Experience when taking out a car insurance policy. Below we explain the difference between both documents and how they should be sent, if we require them.

A No Claims Bonus Certificate is proof that you have had your own car insurance policy. It is also proof that you have a number of years without making a claim on your policy.

Named Driving Experience is a letter from an insurer proving you were named on some else’s policy for a number of days or years.

A No Claims Bonus can look different depending what insurance company you were with. The document should include the following information:

  • Date of issue
  • Expiry date of your policy
  • Your name and address
  • Your vehicle registration number
  • Number of years the policy was active
  • The No Claim Discount %, years and Point on Scale
  • Details of claims should also be noted

The statement of No Claims Bonus should be on headed paper from your previous insurer. It's issued by your insurer either at the cancellation of your policy or with your renewal documents.

We can accept these documents as a scanned email attachment. If you are sending your documents via email, please send them to

When sending in a scanned document please ensure all four corners are visible in the scan.

Below is an example of a No Claim Bonus:


If you would like to find out how to send a copy of your Driving Licence you can check out our customer care page here.