5 Reasons To Go With A Broker
Helping you research and save on your insurance cover
You've just received that annual email or letter from your insurance provider advising you that you cover is coming up for renewal. Right now you may have some questions running through your head:
- Should I stick with my current provider?
- Am I getting the best deal?
- Should I look for cheaper cover?
- Do I need different policies from different providers?
- How can I save on my new insurance policy?
Each year I always do the same thing. I spent about 3 weeks putting the research on the long finger, then a few days before my policy lapses I keep asking myself those questions right up until the 11th hour when I make a mad dash to pick the cover I think is best for me. Does this sound familiar?
Although the July 2014 consumer index hit a seven year high there is still some worry in many Irish households about the pressure being exerted on our personal finances due to rising costs for some everyday necessities.
If you are looking to see what household savings you might be able to make on your insurance then you should consider consulting an insurance broker before renewing, or taking out, your insurance cover and here are 5 reasons why.
5 Reasons To Use An Insurance Broker
- Insurance brokers work with a number of different insurance providers so they can give you guidance on a whole host of different cover options for you car or home. This multitude of offerings means that you could get your car insurance from one provider and home insurance from another but all the cover goes through the broker which may potentially lead to you saving more in the long term.
- Insurance brokers do a lot of the work for you if you need to make a claim. A broker can act as an intermediary between the insurer and the insured by speaking to loss adjusters and claims departments, if required, allowing both parties view points to be represented.
- Insurance brokers can give you guidance on where you might get individually tailored policies specific to you. Thinking about getting serious illness cover and need to insure your retail shop as well? Many brokers provide cover for other things apart from just your car and home.
- Insurance brokers are flexible meaning that if you need to work around your schedule to get your cover in place they are available to help
- Insurance brokers work with number different insurers and can give you unbiased advice because there is no advantage to suggesting one insurer over the other.
Before you decide to contact a broker about your cover you should check that they are members of the Irish Brokers Association. All Irish brokers must be part of The Irish Brokers Association which is the representative body for all insurance brokers in the Republic of Ireland. All member firms are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and abide by strict regulations such as the Consumer Protection Code.
Despite the abundance of insurance providers on the market you, the consumer, can feel that there is almost too much choice. That is where a broker can come in to help with unbiased and informed advice to help you choose the best policy for you.
As a 100% Independent broker Chill are here to help you with any insurance questions or enquiries you may have. Begin the insurance conversation today by calling us on 014003400.