Motor Insurance Cover Tips
Getting the Best Value Motor Insurance
It’s that time of the year when you need to insure your car again. This usually bring hours of research and maths to ensure you get a good deal for you while making sure you are fully covered in all eventualities.
Your search for the best motor insurance can be made easier if you have the right information at hand. To help you make the most informed choice we have asked our Chill Insurance experts to come up with some helpful tips to guide you through the process.
- Be Honest
- When it comes to taking out your policy being 100% honest throughout the process will ensure that if you ever need to claim everything will run smoothly.
- Combine And Save
- Many insurers, Chill Insurance included, offer you great deals when you combine your insurance. If you need your car and home insured why not ask what deals are available to you from your insurance company. Never be afraid to ask if you are eligible for renewal or loyalty discounts at the time of taking out your policy.
- Have Your Paperwork
- Always have the most up to date details regarding your no claims bonus to hand and the paperwork to prove it.
- Lack Of Points
- Depending on the number of penalty points you have, your premium may also increase.
- Miles To Go
- Getting covered for mileage that you don’t actually travel can prove to be costly in the long run. Have a good look at how many miles you travel on a weekly basis so that when it comes to your insurance policy you are not over estimating the miles you put in.
- Having your car fully secure not only gives you peace of mind, it can also save you on your policy. By investing in security features such as immobilisers and car alarms you stand a chance of the cost of your policy being reduced.
- Raising The Excess On Motor Insurance
- Insurance excess is the amount you’ll need to pay out towards the cost of a claim before your insurer will make a contribution. In some cases choosing to go with a higher excess can help lower your premiums. This option should only be considered if you know you could afford to pay out the amount of your voluntary excess, plus the standard excess, in the event that you need to make a claim.
- Drivers On The Policy
- Consider who you want to have covered on your policy. if you restrict driving to you and your spouse you are more likely to qualify for additional discounts. If you want to name other drivers, they may be covered by their own insurance policy to drive your car on a third party basis.
- Motor Insurance Optional Extras
- Do you really need protected no claims bonus? Having additional extras are brilliant if you ever need them but they can drive up the cost of the premium that you pay. Review what extras you have and then choose the ones you really need.
We at Chill Insurance are always here to answer whatever queries you might have in relation to your motor insurance. So if you want to know what the difference is between 3rd party and comprehensive cover why not call us on 1890 30 20 20 to speak to a member of our helpful and friendly team.
If you need more tips to help you save on your motor insurance why not follow our award winning blog or our Twitter and Facebook pages where you will find dedicated posts that will keep you up to date.