Insuring Your SME
Get the Right Business Cover
At Chill we understand the unique challenges, issues and growing pains faced by small businesses. After all, it wasn't long ago that we were a small business too. This experience coupled with our local market knowledge and regular customer dialogue has taught us that you guys want to get on with the important job of running your businesses, not worrying about insurance. That's where we come in.
We have a large team of account handles who are ready to get your company the right cover now. It's what we do day-in, day-out and whenever a prospective client gets in touch with me about business insurance, I often advise there's five small tips that can make a big difference to their premium. They are:
- Have realistic expectations
- When looking for business cover it's crucial that you have realistic expectations and give realistic figures. The vast majority of Liability policies are calculated on projected wage roll and turnover. It is important to declare accurate figures as insurers may seek audited figures from your accountants at year end.
- Don't under-insure
- In relation to Property Insurance it is imperative that you insure the property for the correct amount. For example if you under-insure, insurers when reviewing any claim will settle in direct proportion to the amount of under-insurance.
- Declare everything
- Make sure you declare any incident you've had over the last five years. Occasionally, businesses say they have had no claims, yet when insurers investigate an incident it can transpire they have; which could make the policy null and void. If in doubt, declare it and the team here will be happy to advise.
- Get your team trained
- One of the best ways to reduce your premium and save money is ensuring that your employees have adequate training for the type of work they're involved in. From an insurer's perspective this means your workforce is less likely to have an accident and therefore less likely to make a claim.
- Get Health & Safety compliant
- Again, making sure that your business is a safe place to work and has a comprehensive Health & Safety statement that is fully compliant with the Health & Safety at Work Act 2005 will reduce your premium.
- If you're a small business searching for insurance, you can give us a call on 01 4003400 or get in touch via the business insurance section on our website.