Grants For Developing Your E-Commerce Website
Make the Move To Digital
As more and more consumers shift their spending online, it is vital that Irish businesses embrace e-commerce and don’t get left behind.
To help small Irish businesses to make the move on-line, the Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources has launched a Trading Online Voucher Programme online offering financial assistance of up to €2,500.
This really is a fantastic scheme and we would encourage all our business customers to consider this initiative.
To take advantage of this Trading Online Voucher Programme, you must apply through your Local Enterprise Office. You will then be invited to attend an information seminar to learn more about the scheme and the best way to get use out of your voucher.
If your business has a limited online trading presence and has less than 10 employees, then your business might be an ideal candidate for the programme. Turnover must be less than €2m and the business must be registered and trading for at least 12 months.
You can apply for funding for different types of scenarios. Here, we list some examples where businesses can apply.
- Developing an e-commerce website. Example: Hardware shop launching website to sell products online.
- Implementation of online payments or booking system. Example: Hotel launching online booking site.
- Purchase of online advertising. Example: Booking display adverts, Facebook and Adwords advertising to target particular markets.
- Purchase of Internet related software. Example: Purchase of ‘Cart and Checkout’ software to integrate into your site.
- Development of App. Example: Security firm launching app allowing clients to view live CCTV footage on their phone.
- Developing digital marketing strategy. Example: Purchase of social media software to manage all of your social media accounts in one platform.
Once you submit your application, an evaluation committee will asses your project. Your application will be deemed successful or not based on the following criteria.
- Eligibility for scheme
- Value added potential
- Export potential
- Job creation potential
- Financial sustainability
To learn more about the scheme, please contact your Local Enterprise Office. The scheme has been launched on a pilot basis so we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
As you invest time and money into your business, you’ll no doubt want to make sure that it’s safeguarded.
Complete a Quick Quote with Chill today to see how we can provide the right cover as you grow and expand your business.