Get More from Your Car
Make Your Fuel Go Further
At Chill Insurance we’re constantly looking for ways to help you save and with the cost of running a car always on the up, we thought that it would be a grand idea to share some tips to help drive down the cost. Remember that little savings over the course of a year can add up to a lot.
- Plan your trip carefully
- By doing your homework and planning your trip well in advance you can get the most from your tank. Investing in a trusty Sat Nav can also reduce the chances of getting lost and using up more fuel.
- Avoid excess weight
- When driving from A to B we strongly advise that you only pack items which you really need. Weighing down your vehicle with unnecessary bits and pieces can waste a lot of fuel.
- Drive sensibly on the road
- We know it’s often easier said than done, but try to avoid driving aggressively. That’s because aggressive motorists tend to drive more quickly, accelerate a lot and brake suddenly. Driving like this is a surefire way to empty your fuel tank.
- Use your gears carefully
- Being careful with your gear changes can be a fantastic fuel saver. We recommend that you watch your speed at all times and move up to higher gears when travelling quickly. It’s also a good idea to keep moving or rolling as much as possible, as stopping and starting is a real fuel burner.
- Get active
- Do you really need to get behind the wheel to complete all those small errands? If you’re popping down the road to fetch a newspaper or grab a pint of milk then why not kick-start your get fit regime and start walking or cycling down to the shops?
Want to lower the cost of running a car? Then why not see how much you can save on your car insurance! Give us a call on 1890 30 20 20 or hit Get a Quote now.