Make a Claim
Everyone takes out insurance for one reason and for one reason only - to make sure you're fully protected in the event of a claim. At Chill Insurance, we make sure you're properly covered so there are no nasty surprises at claims time.
We have dedicated claims experts ready to handle any event, and deal with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure a fair and speedy settlement and take you through what to do next.
Need help or guidance on making a claim? Give us a shout on 1890 30 20 20 / 01 400 3400 or we can call you!
Car Insurance Claim
Before Making A Claim
Before you begin making your claim, gather these details together:
- Your policy number.
- As many details of the incident as possible, including;
- Who was driving (if applicable) the car.
- Contact details and insurance information of anyone else involved.
- Contact details of any witnesses or Gardaí (or other police if abroad).
A Few Helpful Hints Before Making A Motor Claim
- Make sure no one is injured. If you have any doubts ring the emergency services.
- Get the registration numbers of the other vehicle(s) involved.
- Get the insurance details (insurer and policy number) from their insurance disc(s).
- Get the phone numbers of the other people involved.
- If possible, try to take some photos of the scene using your mobile phone (from a safe place).
- Ring our dedicated claims team on 1890 30 20 20.
- Don't admit liability, even if you think the accident is your fault.
- Don't move your vehicle until it is safe to do so.
Before Making A Claim
Our dedicated home claims handlers are just a phone call away and will record the details of your claim, tell you what to expect from us, and take you through what to do next.
A Few Hints Before Making A Home Claim
- Put your own personal safety and that of others first.
- Contact a plumber or builder if you need emergency repairs (in the event of water damage or a break-in).
- DO move soft furnishings or carpets to higher ground (in the event of water damage).
- DO try to take some photos of the scene using your mobile phone (from a safe place).
- Call our dedicated claims handling team on 1890 30 20 20.
- Don't engage any builders to start any structural repairs without our agreement.
- Dont' dispose of any damaged property until we have had the chance to examine it.
- Don't throw away any paper work as you may need this to support your claim!