Chill Insurance is currently on the lookout for a Web Developer to join our Team. We're after individuals who are talented, motivated, and ambitious and are looking to progress in the Insurance business. We are looking for a person who can inspire and deliver results and wants to progress within the organisation.
About the Company
Chill Insurance is an independent online 100% Irish owned insurance intermediary regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. We are members of the Irish Brokers Association and carry Professional Indemnity Insurance. We've been in business since 2007 (formerly insureme.ie) and re-branded as Chill Insurance in May 2008. We pride ourselves on our three main pillars; Search, Talk and Claims. Chill Insurance is Ireland's fastest growing insurance broker and to ensure we continue our upward trajectory we're looking for superb people to come and join our rapidly expanding team.
- Design, program, and deliver web/local development projects (PHP, .NET, C#, and related platforms) within designated schedules
- Support development of projects from inception through alpha/beta testing and final delivery
- Identify, communicate, and overcome development problems and creative challenges related to complex web and application-based projects
- Keep current with programming languages/platforms within the web development/web application, and desktop application space
- Revise and troubleshoot development work as required
- Provide tactical application mentorship to other developers in area of expertise
- Providing regular management reporting and updates as required
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Web Developer with Platform Management / SEO Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant web development experience, and preferably in the financial or insurance industry.
- Applied knowledge web development process and demonstrated abilities to write and follow technical briefs, technical requirements, data schemas, and data descriptions
- Significant, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex solutions within following interactive/rich-media platforms:
- Angular/Angular Material development experience
- SEO Optimization
- UX/UI Design Patterns
- Experience with AWS and Azure Platform
- Git Version Control
- Grunt Automated Deployment Processes
- Knowledge of Web Development Security Standards
- Ability to accurately estimate the scope and effort required to deliver complex technical projects
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues and platform characteristics
- Ability to give basic feedback on interactive design and make alternative suggestions when dealing with technology or platform challenges
- Proficient at deciphering requirements and translating into specifications for technical and systems development.
- Solutions orientated.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
What can you expect from Chill?
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly bonus and commission structures
- A very convenient and well connected location in Sandyford Industrial Estate which is close to the Luas, M50 and major Dublin Bus routes.
- A fun and modern office space with excellent facilities and unlimited tea and coffee.
- Sociable hours of work, we are open between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturday.
- Great staff sports & social events.
- Monthly/Weekly performance based incentives
- Employee Wellness initiatives (fruit baskets, health talks, monthly chair massages, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Programme, providing colleagues with access to independent advisors and counsellors
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Graduated holiday Leave entitlement linked to your service capped at 24 days annually