Joomla/ PHP Developer
Chill Insurance is currently on the lookout for a Joomla/ PHP Developer to join our Team. We're after individuals who are talented, motivated, and ambitious. We are looking for a person who can inspire and deliver results and wants to progress within the organisation. The role will sit within the Applications function in order to develop and implement new website designs on the Joomla CMS Platform as required by the business including the creation of new pages and integration of website functionality with back end enterprise systems.
The role will also involve developing features, changes and updates web enabled applications as well as contributing to existing code base to enhance integration between alternative operational support systems.
About the Company
Chill Insurance is an online insurance intermediary regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. We are members of the Brokers Ireland and carry Professional Indemnity Insurance. We've been in business since 2007 (formerly insureme.ie) and re-branded as Chill Insurance in May 2008. We pride ourselves on our three main pillars; Search, Talk and Claims. Chill Insurance is Ireland's fastest growing insurance broker and to ensure we continue our upward trajectory we're looking for superb people to come and join our rapidly expanding team.
- Design, program, and deliver web development projects on the Joomla CMS using, Bootstrap, Angular, JQuery and PHP frameworks.
- Support development of projects from inception through alpha/beta testing and final delivery.
- Automated testing and deployment tools administration (Selenium, DevOps, Grunt).
- Identify, communicate, and overcome development problems and creative challenges related to complex web and application-based projects
- Keep current with programming languages/platforms within the web development/web application, and desktop application space.
- Revise and troubleshoot development work as required.
- Provide tactical application mentorship to other developers in area of expertise.
- Providing regular management reporting and updates as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of relevant web development experience, and preferably in the financial or insurance industry.
- Applied knowledge of web development process and demonstrated abilities to write and follow technical briefs, technical requirements, data schemas, and data descriptions.
- Content Management systems experience, Joomla CMS experience a must.
- Understanding of how mark-up, page speed loading/renderings, and content effects SEO.
- UX/UI Design.
- Administration of cloud based platforms, AWS/Azure.
- Git Version Control.
- Grunt deployment automation.
- Ability to understand creative and project briefs.
- Ability to accurately estimate the scope and effort required to deliver complex technical projects.
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues and platform characteristics.
- Direct industry experience working in coordination with front-end developers.
- Ability to act as a “mediator” between web developers and designers to support mobile/hybrid development and responsive design implementations.
- Ability to give basic feedback on interactive design and make alternative suggestions when dealing with technology or platform challenges.
- Proficient at deciphering requirements and translating into specifications for technical and systems development.
- Solutions orientated.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Punctuality and ability to work as part of a team are essential requirements for this role.
What can you expect from Chill?
- Competitive Salary.
- Performance Bonus.
- A very convenient and well connected location in Sandyford Industrial Estate which is close to the Luas, M50 and major Dublin Bus routes.
- A fun and modern office space with excellent facilities and unlimited tea and coffee.
- Sociable hours of work, we are open between 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Great staff sports & social events.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Graduated holiday Leave entitlement linked to your service capped at 24 days annually.