Data Warehouse Developer
This is a senior technical role reporting into the Senior Manager Data & Analytics, and the candidate will have a strong background in Data Warehouse solution design and implementation, and will be responsible for developing Chill’s Data Warehouse assets to meet new business requirements.
The candidate will support the Extract, Translation and Load (ETL) layer operating between the transactional internal systems, external data sources, and the Data Store layer, including ensuring appropriate data standards and control are in place.
The role also requires the design and development of new and existing data objects within the Data Warehouse layer using MS SQL coding, and developing consumable datasets for use in the Tableau reporting layer.
The role will also include delivery of the day-to-day elements of the Chill Data services including change requests, ad-hoc and business-as-usual (BAU) activities.
This role will also require the candidate at time to engage with stakeholders to understand and clarify business requirements and design appropriate solutions. The candidate may be required to manage junior developers from time to time.
About the Company
Chill Insurance is an online insurance intermediary regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. We are members of the Brokers Ireland and carry Professional Indemnity Insurance. We've been in business since 2007 (formerly insureme.ie) and re-branded as Chill Insurance in May 2008. We pride ourselves on our three main pillars; Search, Talk and Claims.
Chill Insurance is Ireland's fastest growing insurance broker and to ensure we continue our upward trajectory we're looking for superb people to come and join our rapidly expanding team.
- Actively engage with the business stakeholders to interpret and understand business requirements for potential Data Warehouse solutions;
- Prepare technical specifications in line with business requirements, and secure appropriate business support and approvals for the proposed solution;
- Design, code and build scripts, stored procedures or ETL objects as required within the data layer and reporting objects / procedures in line with specifications;
- System test all development objects in line with specifications and manage deployment release of MI solutions to production environments, and maintain technical documents as required post go-live;
- Manage and support ad-hoc Data requests from the business, and provide BAU support and resolve issues raised by users concerning the Data Warehouse;
- Manage your own capacity, and junior developers that may be assigned to you, to meet agreed timelines for in-flight change deliverables, and provide status updates to the line manager and /or the Head of Function as required;
- Ensure Data governance, and data policies are being adhered to in delivering high quality Data Warehouse solutions and services to the business;
- Apply agreed development standards and quality levels to all areas of activity;
- Liaise with IT on related projects or change items and manage 3rd party reporting software / toolsets where required.
Experience Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science or related field (e.g. mathematical science);
- High level of expertise (5+ years) in MS SQL Server toolset including MS SQL coding, MS Visual Studio, SSRS and SSIS tools;
- Highly experienced in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects, including utilisation of MS Azure services (Data Factory /Functions)
- High level of competency in RDBMS, database design and development and data structure methodologies;
- Expertise in implementing Business Intelligence reporting solutions with a robust route-to-live process; specific expertise in Tableau would be an advantage;
- Expertise in Microsoft tools Excel, MS Access etc.
- Experience of VB, C++ or .Net development would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the insurance industry would be an advantage
- Strong negotiation skills are required to guide, influence and persuade others within own remit;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate with team members and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders and management;
- Provide key stakeholders and management with timely and accurate information, advice and solutions in order to meet business objectives.
- Self-motivated, with a clear ability to use own initiative and work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment;
- Ability to prioritise activities and multi-task, and motivate team resources to optimise the level and quality of service delivery;
- Proven ability at problem solving with an analytical approach, but also with an understanding of key business and financial challenges in delivering any solution;
What can you expect from Chill?
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly bonus and commission structures
- Full support to assist in completion of Insurance Industry Exams.
- Mobile Phone Plan
- A very convenient and well connected location in Sandyford Industrial Estate A fun and modern office space with excellent facilities and unlimited tea and coffee.
- Sociable hours of work, we are open between 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturday.
- Great staff sports & social events.
- Monthly/Weekly performance based incentives
- Employee Wellness initiatives
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Graduated holiday Leave entitlement linked to your service capped at 24 days annually