Home Insurance Tips
How to get a Cheap House Policy
At Chill Insurance we're determined to get you the best deal at the right price. We've even penned our top money saving tips. Why not put them to good use and the extra euro towards your dream pad?
- How secure is your home?
- It goes without saying that greater security at your home will result in a smaller premium. Locks for the doors and windows, as well as a burglar alarm will keep you safe and may even help you get cheap home insurance.
- Have you thought about increasing the excess?
- When people make a claim they normally contribute around €200 for the payable excess. Weigh up all the options, but to keep costs down you may want to increase the payable excess on your home insurance. Increasing excess could reduce your premium, so do check with your broker.
- Are you building up your 'no claims'?
- Unsurprisingly, people who have not claimed on their insurance get smaller premiums than those who have. To keep your premium low, consider if it is worth paying for the lower cost claims yourself.
- Do you really need the add-ons?
- Weigh up how much you really need added extras like accidental damage cover. Add-ons like this can add up to 25% on your insurance premiums.
- Don't insure your home for less than it's worth!
- Last but by no means least: do not under insure your home. Getting the right cover will make sure you don't lose out when the unexpected happens. Also, to ensure your valuables are covered we recommend that you keep receipts of purchases, document your valuables by taking photos of them and noting their serial numbers. You may also want to invest in a magic marker or two.